Friday, February 3, 2012

Our Day in Deutschland

Today was awesome!
It was wonderful to get to see these familiar faces.
I got to spend the day at BFA! The first half was at an elementary school with some wonderful fourth graders, so that was fantastic! I really do hope to be a teacher someday. Maybe even in Germany :) The second half of my day was spent with Joe at the highschool. I basically shadowed him, and followed him to all of his afternoon classes. That was pretty fun! German highschool is a LOT different than in Fargo.
A lot.
My dad taught his seminars on coaching and they went really well. He met some interesting people and was able to pass off some of his knowledge on the subject to some people who really needed to hear it. So that was awesome!
He also met David and Helen McCormack who work at BFA.  What's really wild is that David graduated from the same High School my dad did, and his aunt was one of his elementary school teachers!  My dad says it's a pretty small world, especially in North Dakota.

My new hat! YES!

The BFA logo, in all of it's splendor! Fun Fact: They are the Falcons. Kind of like another Christian school we know of :)

Look! Germany has a Moorhead, too!

My fourth grade class! 11 students.
I got a hat! A European hat, just for me! And it actually goes with my coat, so that's always good news.

Prayer Requests:
* Please pray for the Granos and their ministry at Black Forest Academy.  Ask God to use them in the classroom and the office to do a great job supporting all the missionary families from 52 countries associated with the school. 
* Pray for God to provide the several other key workers that the school is looking for next year.
*Finally, pray for us to have a safe flight to Minneapolis tomorrow and then drive from Mpls to Fargo in the evening (when we'll probably be pretty tired!).

2 comments:

  1. So enjoyed having you in Kandern with us and making us part of your trip! Tell your world at Salem in Fargo, and beyond, about BFA and the awesome opportunities to be a part of God's Kingdom work here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,

    I am not sure if this is the right place to say hello but I've been thinking about you and your dad since we have met in Amsterdam Airport. As soon as I got home, I told my family about you and your ambitions. Your story is amazing and I wish you luck and happiness for the rest of your life. It was very touching to see father and daughter both fighting for the same cause. You will stay a true inspiration to me.
    Take care,

    Sandrine.

    ReplyDelete